Sunday, April 26, 2009

Social Networking, is it important to way up your career ladder? I guess today its not "Who You Know", but most imp is "Who Know You"...


Meeting the right people at the right time can help the candidate to find their dreamed position.
Take for example websites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Myspace, Viadeo, Ecademy, etc, places where you meet with professional from all over the world. I lost in touch with my old friends of MBA and school I would have never discovered them till the time I searched them on social networking sites. Its definitely a powerful tool in today's market to network in the right manner.

Its beneficial to both business where we find talent and to applicant to increase their visibility to recruiters and find different job opportunities. I am very heavy user of social networking sites and they help me to dig deeper into an area of expertise that’s very specialized, and the more it is specialized, the more helpful that type of social networking is.

People who are on these networking sites with good connections have a significant advantage when you are thinking of career progression as they have choice of people who can in turn be their employers with good job opportunities.

Please share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment